Monday, July 6, 2015

Binge Nation

A new research study from TiVo found that 92% of respondents said they have "binge viewed" a show - defined in the report as watching at least three episodes of the same program on the same day - up slightly from last year's 91%. 
But what's even more stark may be what viewers are willing to sacrifice for their marathon viewing sessions. 
About 31% of respondents have lost sleep thanks to binge watching, and 37% have spent an entire weekend binge watching a show. Two-thirds of so-called "season bingers" turn to Netflix to watch a show's entire season within a few weeks.
Tadena, Nathalie. "TV Viewers Willing to Lose Sleep to Binge Watch" CMO Today, The Wall Street Journal., Monday, July 6, 2015, B4.

I'm part of this 92% for sure. Though when I binge it's typically to cycle through a few, select shows. Every so often I'll binge on Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Wire, The Office and The Sopranos. I've watched the entirety of those series multiple times now. I don't think I'll ever get tired of any of them. 

Read the cited study here

No comments:

Post a Comment